Sunday, June 25, 2006

Part Fore

My five goddesses speak to me, all in their different voices.

The first is the one I cling to the most, she comes to in her in shining golden armour, holding her cigarette in one hand, a German dictionary in the other. “I give counsel to my people to respect neither anarchy nor despotism,” she says to me in her soothing sensual voice. I listen attentively, then we both laugh and eat strawberries.

The second one is always smiling. We walk over to her little cottage. She’s sitting at her porch and says: “A vegetable garden in the beginning looks so promising and then after all little by little it grows nothing but vegetables, nothing, nothing but vegetables.” A poodle runs by, and we hide inside the house. I notice that her bracelet has been caught by her doorknob. As she untangles her precarious situation, I take a peep inside her bedroom. No bed.

The third one walks by and she/he yells out: “This is earth, isn’t it hot?” We make some Bombay Bash and drink drink drink. We put on our sunglasses and try to look bored although we’re having a great time. Boredom looks cool and interesting. We’re brooding, and we’re hot.

My fourth goddess leans over. “Last night you were, unhinged. You were like some desperate, howling demon. You frightened me… Do it again,” she whispers in my ear. I take off my clothes, run into the vegetable garden and howl at the moon. The goddesses watch me.

I sink unto the ground, naked and exhausted, when the last goddess walks over to me, and wraps me into a large blanket. “When the self speaks to the self, who is speaking?” They all vanish, and again I’m left alone. No matter, I can manage without them. For now at least.

The naked lycanthrope, still wrapped inside his blanket, steps into the arena, ready to face the two-headed beast from East London. A woman in the audience faints. A terrible ruckus. The queen calls for order. The two-headed beast withdraws itself from the fight. I win!

I dedicate this fight to my mystical friend. All my love to you, my friend, all my love.

1 comment:

Sehnsucht said...

Ah, wat een bijzonder werkgroepje moet dat zijn. En nu je mijn queen of quotes hebt gebruikt, kan je natuurlijk weinig meer fout doen. En nee, ik heb het niet over Paris Hilton;-) Part fore is absoluut één van mijn favourieten.