Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Toast

…so I was in the kitchen, standing in front of the toaster and…
Were you making toast?
What?
When you were in the kitchen, standing in front of the toaster, were you making toast?
So, I was standing there and I thought to myself; “what am I doing?”
Making toast?
“What is my life leading to, why do I get up every morning?”
To make toast.
Exactly. Wait, what? No, I’m telling you I had an existential breakdown.
In the kitchen.
Yes.
In front of the toaster.
Yes.
While making toast.
So I went to the bathroom, I only had fifteen minutes left to shower and get dressed…
Where were you going?
Work.
So, there’s your answer. Why do you get up every morning? To go to work.
But is that it? Work?
Well, work gives you money. Money gives you happiness. I really don’t see what the problem is here.
It’s just all so pointless.
Next time you’re in the kitchen, standing in front of the toaster, you better make some goddamn toast.
So utterly pointless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You made a point though.