Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Dream Journal: Won

Location: home (slept alone)
Time: between 1 AM & 7:30 AM

The world is some post-apocalyptic wasteland and a few people (like me) are running from something. There is some unknown enemy, I just know they're human and they have guns. We are literally running in the dark streets, and know we could get killed any minute.

So I’m running and being chased by something, scared for my life. There’s a tent, but just before I can reach it, I fall on the floor and I hide my face in my hands, thinking; ‘maybe in the dark they won’t see me lying on the floor in the mud’. There’s a noise behind me and I’m sure I will get shot. But the person behind me is not evil, it’s a little boy. A little skinny boy dressed in rags. He drags me into the tent and we sit there for a while, looking at each other. There might be other people in the tent, but I can't see them. We managed to lit some sort of gaslight and in the shadows and on the surface of the tent I see my shadow and I realise I’m much bigger & stronger then the little boy. I should be protecting him.

Suddenly a man opens the tent, a soldier armed with a gun. He demands us to come out. I argue with him but say that if he’s alone, I’ll come fight him. The soldier says his name is Peter and he’s there with another soldier, also called Peter. Me and the little boy get out of the tent, but the little boy transformed into a man, roughly of my size. We both face a Peter, but suddenly we’re armed with swords, each one of us a different kind. My sword is long & white, with a very thin & small handle. I have trouble wielding it. The little boy, who is now a man, has somehow convinced one of the Peters that he should help us, so the three of us attack the Peter that is left.

Peter is an excellent fighter and we can’t seem to win. No matter how many times I cut him with my sword, he keeps fighting. Nothing even a scratch on him. I try to cut off his head, but my sword doesn’t even scratch his skin. I consider giving up, dropping the sword and letting him kill me but seeing the other two fight gives me courage. The Peter we’re fighting got fatter and fatter during the fight as well.

…I can’t remember what happened next…

No comments: