Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Part Toe-Zewo

I'm on a field covered in poppies, burning bright. I'm walking through it, on my bare feet, hoping that a snake won't bite me. By hoping I mean saying to myself that if there would be a snake, the chance of it biting me in the toe would be minimal. Contrary to Eurydice, I don't look back. If I move forward just a bit, past the scarecrow, I'm in the clear end where the farmer already collected his crops.

- rent
- new address
- scholarship
- pharmacist
- optometrist
- paint & brushes
- writing room
- meeting for novel

There is no hat on my head. No protection against sun, wind, bad hair and various hair-loving bugs. I'm domesticating. I wake up every day at sephenn, take a shower, brush my teeth, pick out clothes and read the newspaper (now the news is mostly about our failing prime-minister and tensions between two parts of the country) while I'm eating cereal. I feed the kitten, pet her a little bit, kiss my sleeping prior goodbye and I'm off to the factory. My mornings are variations to the same theme. I need reassurance, a pet on my back and someone saying; 'well done boy, welcome to the fold.' Why don't you go clean his socks and smile while you're at it. He deserves a pillar, a warm blanket and his martini.

I'm not very good at this.
The words gulping out of me are not my own. I speak blandness. I'm a bore. I snicker and snatch, no fun at all.
I apologize for having an opinion, I try not to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everyday when I wake up I can see cereal standing on the kitchen table. The bright sun alights the gift that has been gives us, in our mobile home. Our home is where our hearts lay, and if it could be the gift of God, are they been laid on the same sheets every night and day. The day goes by where I look forward and towards the moment where my Prince, bright and holey to his throne, awakes his presence to mine. Yes, I love you, as you love your own. Never the less, some times may look dark upon us. As they may happen on one of our sides, they are to be ours. We walk together in this field covered in poppies. As where I rather pop through, up and above of them as walk aside your pondering mind.
There isn't a day that goes by where Prior leaves his mind about you, Noah. Where he rides out to beyond the house, to gather food and life for both of us to eat, hold on to and love for the sake of freedom.
with all my love.
Prior.